Let’s start by making sure that you can access the Business Manager Account. It is important to verify that you are the admin. Also, you can create a new account.
It should be noted that there are still multiple views currently active for Business Manager so if the images are slightly different don’t be alarmed.
In your Business Manager, follow these steps to set up Meta Pixel:
- Open Business Settings.
- Choose your business.
- Click on Data Sources.
- Choose Pixels.
- Click on the + Add button.
- Write in the name for the Pixel to avoid possible confusion in the future.
- Optional though strongly suggested: enter the URL of your website (you can use only one Pixel for each verified domain name).
- Click Continue.
- Click Set up the Pixel Now to install the Meta Pixel.
How do I find my existing Meta Pixel?
Here’s a good question: what do you do if you need to find the Meta Pixel that you already have?
Take the following steps:
- Open Business Settings in Business Manager like you would do if you were to create a Meta Pixel.
- Choose your business.
- Click on Data Sources — here you will find the list of the website pixels that you have. You can search them by name or ID.
Does Meta Pixel work with Instagram?
Of course, the Meta Pixel works with both Instagram and Facebook; the ads are set up in Ads Manager. That is why adding Meta Pixel in the Business Manager is enough to run ads and track performance on Instagram, too.
What is a Meta Pixel ID?
The answer to what is a Meta Pixel ID is pretty simple — it is the identification number of your Pixel.
How to get Meta Pixel ID
To find Meta Pixel ID you need to:
- Open Business Settings in Business Manager.
- Choose the business that you are working with.
- Click on Data Sources and you will see your Pixels. Your Pixel ID is in parentheses right under the name.
Little help from Facebook Pixel Helper
Also, you can install The Facebook Pixel Helper extension for your Chrome browser to easily view the events on your Meta Pixels. You will be able to check the number of conversions in real-time. For more detailed information, expand a detailed report that offers an overview of the Pixels with warnings, errors, and successes. When you click on Troubleshoot Pixel, it will take you directly to Facebook Events Manager Overview, allowing you to review the Pixels and Ad Set Events currently associated with the Pixel.